Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Day 15


1.    How do you feel about Wednesday? (U of Chicago)
Wednesday. Such a weird little name. Why would you spell it like that if you pronounce it so differently? Anyways, about Wednesday. It’s the middle of the week, usually not something people look forward to, but I love it. I always feel so relieved for Wednesday, because it’s a short day at school, and I have a French horn lesson, something I always look forward to. No matter how many tests I have had Monday and Tuesday, no matter how many events I have on the weekend; I always have the time and energy to come to my lesson. I’ve taken lessons for almost 6 years, and the drive to my teacher’s house is even comforting. I know it will always be the same; I know every turn and stoplight. I know it so well; in fact, it was the first place I drove myself when I received my drivers license.
I walk into my teacher’s house every Wednesday and I’m so happy, because it’s a chance to talk and play French horn for hours. She will listen to my complaints about my week; help me with technical tips on playing the French horn, and play duets with me, which sound so nice. My lesson ends when it is dark outside or when my mother comes out of her car parked on the street, tired of waiting for me and done with her errands.
And it gets even better afterwards. If I have enough energy after my lesson, and I have enough time to make the drive to the yoga studio, there is a yoga class with one of my favorite teachers. By the time I get home on a Wednesday night, I feel so refreshed and energized, even though it’s the middle of the week. Wednesday is special because of the people who make it special for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment